As the FrenchDuck network we offer a number of France related sites, all designed to help you to explore France, its wines, food and landscapes. France is a wonderful holiday destination with plenty to see and do – and each region is different, with its own style and customs.:-
- Frenchduck.com – latest info on travel and events in France, including
- Frenchduck.uk – our calendar of whats on in France including:-
- Frenchduck.co.uk – selected holiday accommodation in France including
- francewinevillages – hotel and other accommodation in the wine villages of France.
- Frenchvineyard.co.uk – holiday accommodation on French vineyards – gites, B&B and some vineyard hotels
see our MAP of holiday accommodation in France
Here we present a small selection of places to stay in France including
- Gîtes – the French term for self-catering, mainly rural accommodation – can be a cottage/house/flat or apartment.
- Chambres d’Hôte – another french term for Bed and Breakfast (B&B) usually in the owner’s house – usually with breakfast and sometimes an evening meal (buy prior arrangement) – real french home cooking!
- Hotels – sometimes called Relais or Auberge – with their own French star classification system which is being brought up to date. Generally, the more stars – the more facilities and the higher the room rate!
See also “Stay on a French Vineyard” – gites, chambres d’hotes (B&B), cottages, Hotels amongst the vines